GPUs supported and tested:
- Navi – RX 5700(XT)/5600(XT)/5500(XT) for supported algos in the table below.
- Vega – RX Vega 64/56, Vega FE, Radeon VII (Vega 2)
- Polaris – RX 580/480/570/470/560/460/550
- Fiji – R9 Fury/Fury X/Nano, MI8 (supported but with very limited testing).
- Tonga/Antigua – R9 285/285X/380/380X, W7100, S7150 (beta support from 0.8.2. Only ethash+kawpow available.)
Recent changes (change log)
- Firopow: new algo added for Firo’s upcoming fork (see start_firo.sh/bat). Only testnet mining is available before the fork, see start_firo_testnet.sh/bat.
- Firopow/kawpow: rewrote tuning guide (see KAWPOW_FIROPOW_TUNING.txt).
- Firopow/kawpow: slight hashrate improvements, mainly from choosing full gpu tuning by default and adding a micro-tuning mechanism for Polaris gpus (see new argument –prog_micro_tune).
- Autolykos2: added high score support and display of submitted share difficulty.
- General: fixed Radeon VII support on recent win drivers. NOTE: HBCC must be DISABLED for all Vegas.
- General: fixed broken fan control for Navis on some driver versions.
- General: improved Windows compute mode enable with automatic elevation (with –uac) and restart of gpus.
General information: Added Windows clock/voltage/built-in time control (beta functionality). See the section in the section-Help and CLOCKS_VOLTAGE_CONTROL.txt.
General information: Fixed some issues with Windows fan control, mainly for large Navi GPUs.
General information: Added mem time limits (stop/resume), see-mem_temp_limit and-mem_temp_resume.
Ethash: added support for forced reports on the hashrate of the ethash pool (see –the_hash_report).
Ethash: fixed hashrate reports for a crazy pool when using failover pools.
Autolykos2: added support for extranonce subscriptions, for example, for Nicehash.
v0. 8. 4
General information: Added a fix for the failure of loading GPU cores in newer drivers, for example, Big Navion Adrenalin 21.6. x.
Emergency fix: fixed a Haven mining bug that leads mainly to hw errors after the recent hard fork.
v0. 8. 3
General information: added the Autolykos2 algorithm for ERGO (a very good goal for Vega 56/64, see AUTOLYKOS_TUNING.txt manual).
General information: improved and simplified ZIL dual mining for ethash/kawpow/verthash/autolykos2 (see the new DUAL_ZIL_MINING.txt manual).
v0. 8. 2. 1
Fix: Fixed a Windows issue with periodic reading of zero gpu statistics and explosive fans (bug in 0.8.2).
Verthash: added-verthash_max_uploads=N to control the loading of the verthash table into GPUs at startup. Some chipsets have problems with the simultaneous operation of > 4 GPUs. A typical error is that several GPUs die at once at startup when running a full installation, but work fine if you only run 3-4 GPUs.
Verthash: fixed support for 2 GB GPUs.
v0. 8. 2
Added the Vertash algorithm (use-vertash).
o A good choice for Polaris 4 GB GPUs.
o Please read VERTHASH_TUNING_GUIDE.txt for quick setup instructions.
o Not a very good algorithm for Navi GPUs, the RDNA architecture is not suitable.
o Hashing speed at high settings: 560 KH/s (Polaris), 1.2 M / s (RX Vega), 850 KH/s (5700XT).
Tonga GPUs (R9 285/285X/380/380X, W7100, S7150) are now supported for ethash and kawpow.
Fixed device name parsing for ROCm 4.1 and new Windows drivers.
API: Added sensor power, connection temperature, and MEM temperature for API output.
o Extended support for up to 24 GPUs (the previous maximum was 16 GPUs).
o Improved handling of driver issues related to GPU clock/time statistics.
o The sensor power is now displayed at the statistics output for 30 seconds.
o Fixed false warnings about disabling the watchdog for small GPUs creating DAG kawpow.
o Kawpow now works completely with MiningPoolHub, regardless of the bad hash values of the initial value.